Are you a farmer interested in selling to consumers directly?
Or a small-town butcher looking for new customers for your specialty products?
Or maybe you're a small processor expanding beyond foodservice.
If you fit into any of those categories, you're in the right place!
ChopLocal empowers niche meat processors, distributors, retailers, farmers and everyone in between to build a more resilient supply chain that benefits everyone involved. The founders, farmers themselves, are committed to creating a better way to get meat products from small family farms to market.
The multi-vendor marketplace is a platform to showcase and sell products from small meat shops across the country. ChopLocal will weave a supply chain that brings value back to everyone involved, right down to the farm level. Not only does this platform support farmers, customers will be able to taste the quality that these meat shops provide and at the end of the day that is a win from producer to consumer!
According to Midan Marketing, 54% of meateaters purchased meat online in July of 2020, and 31% say they will continue to do so, even after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides. Let's make sure that your meat is part of the equation.
How it Works
- Farmers and small processors, including butcher shops, lockers, and abattoirs apply to become vendors.
- Vendors provide a list of products and accurate, clear descriptions of their meats.
- With help from the ChopLocal team, the products are listed for sale on the website.
- When an order is placed, the vendor will be notified via email, and be able to print a shipping label through ChopLocal. (Combining vendors under one shipping account allows ChopLocal to pass on incredible discounts to vendors.)
- Vendors will ship products in cardboard boxes with insulating inserts and coolant.
The ChopLocal Platform is:
- simple but robust. ChopLocal has the tools you need, complete with your own online microstore, inventory management, customer communication, a secure chekout, and the ability for you to offer pick-up or shipping.
- a cost-effective solution. Don't spend thousands of dollars setting up your website and online store! Our plans start at $69 a month and our set-up fee is a fraction of other solutions.
- managed by farmers and small business owners. We created ChopLocal because we know how important you are to our rural economies and food supply chain, and we want to help you be successful. Unlike other online platforms, we understand your business.
Ready to sell your meat online?
Learn more about ChopLocal and our pricing plans for selling meat online here,
or fill out the form below and we'll be in touch soon!